Coupe or Fly Bridge for a medium size boat?

Model-specific questions/discussions.
ARPE

Coupe or Fly Bridge for a medium size boat?

Post by ARPE » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 am

If you are like me you study boat designs and options for a long time before deciding on yours. Here what made me pick the R40 coupe version as opposed to the fly bridge version. Perhaps I started somewhat biased because I already had a Regal 35 coupe. However, after coming to see several boats over the course of a year, I concluded that the coupe was the right choice for me because of the experience my guests and I could get from the saloon and stern sun bathing area.

The coupe in general, and the Bavaria R40 in particular offer the flexibility of offering a open experience or a enclosed experience with a touch of a button. All at the same floor level with all guests and captain interacting with each other. The fly-bridge version of the R40 provides a nice top-level open view experience. However, as it happens with all medium-sized fly bridge boats, the saloon is enclosed and sun bathing at the stern seats is limited by the fly-bridge on top.

In my view these pictures show how Bavaria excelled with two sunroofs and when connecting the saloon to the external sun bathing seats.
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
R40CoupeSaloonRoofClosed.jpg
R40CoupeSaloonRoofOpen.jpg

(some of these pictures came from http://www.clippermarinespain.com/new-b ... /r40-coupe)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 Bavaria R40 Coupe, D6-370
2015 Regal 35 Sport Coupe, D3-220 - Sold