Bavaria R40 info wanted

Open conversation - Let's chat!
CLOUDNINE

Bavaria R40 info wanted

Post by CLOUDNINE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at/interested in the R40 Coup as an upgrade to my Regal 32 Express. For my next boat I want to move to a 40-42 foot size, have an enclosed cabin and proper state rooms along with a gally up design. Most importantly my wife loves the R40 so there is no concern on trying to convince her.

Other that the website which is so/so, I dont have much additional information. There seems to just be a handful of dealers in the US and one in my area but I believe they are just a broker.

How would I go about seeing the R40 in person? Do I need to fly to FL next year during boat show season? Already planning on that but wanted to know if there are other options.

What about pricing? Where can I get info on that? Is my only option getting in touch with the broker in CT?
What are the choice of engines available and is there specs on each? What about electronics? Does one have a choice in terms of manufacture, ie Garmin,etc?

Any information beyond what is provided on the Bavaria website is appreciated. Thanks

ARPE

Re: Bavaria R40 info wanted

Post by ARPE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:46 pm

I have a R40 Coupe, she was delivered a few weeks ago but I can provide some info and/or publish photos.

Eletronics
My boat has Garmin electronics integrated with Volvo. This is called Volvo Penta Glass Cockpit, I think. There are two Garmin 7612 and “smart modes”. For example, if I enable the joystick to docking mode both screens change automatically. I hear Bavaria has switched their production line to Simrad and that the concept of integrated experience remains.

My boat has the optional radar xHD18 and the docking camera. The depth sensor is a Volvo part and includes water speed and water temperature.

Engines
There are two options, the Volvo Penta D6-370 and the D4-300 (In the Miami boat show the R40 had a D4-300).

Other
My boat came with a 11kW Kohler generator and four a/c units.

The Admiral loves:
(1) The co-pilot seats, the capitain plus two other people can sit facing forward,
(2) All food stuff upstairs,
(3) The flexibility of the sliding door,
(4) The cockpit soft sunroof.

I love:
(1) The capitain side door,
(2) The sunroof,
(3) The swim platform and
(4) The grill outside the boat.

The bedrooms are roomy and the two heads are cool. We feel this to be the ideal configuration of day boating with friends and for a two couple weeklong trip.
2018 Bavaria R40 Coupe, D6-370
2015 Regal 35 Sport Coupe, D3-220 - Sold